Sunday, July 29, 2018
Cypress Youth Triathlon
Saturday, July 28, 2018
Cypress Doggie Splash'N Dash
Saturday, July 28, 2018
In order to provide the best race experience possible, we've updated our registration platform and added race cancellation insurance! In the case of a race needing to be canceled do to natural disasters, severe weather, or terrorism, you will receive a full refund without having to do anything! More information will be available as we get closer to the start of the season. Our athletes experience is so important to us that we made this switch just so we can protect them.
NEW: EVENT CANCELLATION INSURANCE
550-Meter Swim, 13-Mile Bike, 3.1-Mile Run
Cypress Youth Triathlon - Short Course (10 Years & Under)
50-Yard Swim, 2-Mile Bike, 1/2-Mile Run
Cypress Youth Triathlon - Long Course (Over 10 Years)
100-Yard Swim, 2-Mile Bike, 1.15-Mile Run
Cypress Doggie Splash'N Dash
200-Meter Swim, 1-Mile Run
Event Age Restrictions
- Youth Triathlon - 6-15 years old.
- Adult Triathlon - 16 & over years old.
Please Note: Ages above are representative of the athletes age on the last day of that year (USAT AGE). This means a number of athletes will be racing at one year older than they are during the race if they have not yet had their birthday come event day.
Event Day Registration
There is no event day registration for any Cypress Triathlon events.
We have a very strict no refunds, transfers, or deferrals policy. Much of what goes into producing an event like this is spent up front and offering refunds, transfers, or deferrals may effect the future of the event because funding is allocated early. Please do not signup unless you are sure you'll race and/or you're willing to accept the registration loss if you end up not racing, for whatever reason. Thank you.
It is your job to frequent the website and check your emails. If you use a work email there is a good chance our emails and website will be blocked by your firewall. Use a personal email address and check the site from home. Like us on Facebook and join our newsletter to get the latest information.
Any changes made to the race are done because we have to, usually out of safety for our participants that arise after the race has been planned. We are triathletes too and do everything to create a better, safer, more enjoyable experience for all of you.
USA Triathlon Membership
A USA Triathlon (USAT) membership is required. You will be able to purchase a one day or one year membership during registration
Cypress Triathlon INDIVIDUAL - Registration Fees - 1,500 Capacity
- Early - 10/1/16 - 12/31/16 - $80
- Regular - 1/1/17 - 4/30/17 - $90
- Late - 5/1/17 - 6/14/17 - $105
- Last Chance - 6/15/17 - $120
Cypress Triathlon RELAY - Registration Fees - 50 Capacity
- Early - 10/1/16 - 12/31/16 - $135
- Regular - 1/1/17 - 4/30/17 - $145
- Late - 5/1/17 - 6/14/17 - $160
- Last Chance - 6/15/17 - $175
Cypress Youth Triathlon INDIVIDUAL - Registration Fees - 400 Capacity
- Early - 10/1/16 - 12/31/16 - $45
- Regular - 1/1/17 - 4/30/17 - $50
- Late - 5/1/17 - 6/14/17 - $60
- Last Chance - 6/15/17 - $70
Cypress Youth Triathlon RELAY - Registration Fees - 10 Capacity
- Early - 10/1/16 - 12/31/16 - $70
- Regular - 1/1/17 - 4/30/17 - $80
- Late - 5/1/17 - 6/14/17 - $90
- Last Chance - 6/15/17 - $100
Cypress Doggie Splash & Dash (human/dog team) - Registration Fees - 100 Capacity
- Early - 10/1/16 - 12/31/16 - $40
- Regular - 1/1/17 - 4/30/17 - $45
- Late - 5/1/17 - 6/14/17 - $50
- Last Chance - 6/15/17 - $55
Cypress Triathlon Pre Race Swim/Run Clinic - Registration Fees - 200 Capacity
- Early - 10/1/16 - 12/31/16 - $10
- Regular - 1/1/17 - $20
Cypress Triathlon Event Morning Packet Pickup - Registration Fees - 100 Capacity
- $20 Anytime prior to event morning. Must signup before event morning. Limited to 100. Must be registered (paid for separately/additionally) to pickup event morning.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Sunday, July 23, 2017
- 7:00am - Swim/Run Pre Race Clinic - Checkin Begins
- 7:30am - Swim/Run Pre Race Clinic - Swim Clinic Begins
- 8:00am - Swim/Run Pre Race Clinic - Swim Practice Begins
- 9:00am - Swim/Run Pre Race Clinic - Run Practice Begins
- 10:00am - Swim/Run Pre Race Clinic - Transition Clinic Begins
Thursday, July 27, 2017
- 2:00pm - Packet Pickup #1 (All Events) @ Tru Tri - Begins
- 7:00pm - Packet Pickup #1 (All Events) @ Tru Tri - Ends
Friday, July 28, 2017
- 2:00pm - Packet Pickup #2 (All Events) @ Tru Tri - Begins
- 7:00pm - Packet Pickup #2 (All Events) @ Tru Tri - Ends
Saturday, July 29, 2017
- 5:30am - Youth Triathlon - Parking & Packet Pickup begins.
- 5:30am - Doggie Splash'N Dash - Parking & Packet Pickup begins.
- 6:50am - Doggie Splash'N Dash - Anthem & Announcements begin.
- 7:00am - Youth Triathlon - Transition opens.
- 7:00am - Doggie Splash'N Dash - Event begins.
- 8:00am - Youth Tri - Swim Line forms.
- 8:20am - Youth Tri - Anthem & Announcements begin.
- 8:30am - Doggie Splash'N Dash - Awards Ceremony begins.
- 8:30am - Youth Tri - Event begins.
- 10:30am - Youth Tri - Awards Ceremony begins.
- 12:00pm - Packet Pickup #3 @ Tru Tri begins.
- 12:00pm - Non Mandatory Pre Race Bike Checkin @ Race Site begins.
- 5:00pm - Packet Pickup #3 @ Tru Tri ends.
- 5:00pm - Non Mandatory Pre Race Bike Checkin @ Race Site ends.
Sunday, July 30, 2017
- 5:00am - Cypress Triathlon - Parking & Transition open.
- 6:30am - Cypress Triathlon - Transition closes.
- 6:35am - Cypress Triathlon - Anthem & Announcements begin.
- 6:40am - Cypress Triathlon - Event begins.
- 9:45am - Cypress Triathlon - Awards Ceremony begins.
Find out where you can park and where you can't.
PACKET PICKUP PROCEDURE(S) & INFO
- Lookup your assigned race number and swim cap color (both below) before you go to pickup your packet.
- Registered athletes must pickup their own packet and ONLY their own packet. The ONLY exception to this rule is for relay teams. One registered relay team member may pickup the packet(s) for all the team members if they have copies of their teammate's license(s).
- Registered athletes MUST have a valid government issued photo ID to pickup their packet. No exceptions.
- Parents may pickup their child's packet (youth or adult event) if their child is under 18 years of age. Anyone 18 & over must pickup their own packet.
- We do not need to see your USAT Annual License (if you have one). When you registered it either confirmed the validity of your USAT Annual License, charged you for a new one, or charged you for a 1-day license. Whatever the case, all athletes have been confirmed as far as USAT status goes.
ATHLETE NUMBER LOOKUP
If you're registered for the race please click the button and check your information after July 24th. You must know your assigned race number to pickup your packet. The list is alphabetical by last name. Names highlighted in red need to sign the USAT waiver at packet pickup. Names in yellow are missing information. Please log back into RunSignUp if you need to make changes. If that section is closed, EMAIL US if you need to change or update information. Please note we cannot change shirt sizes, or divisions.
Remember you cannot pickup anyone's packet but your own. The only exceptions are those parents picking up for their child (17 years old or younger) and relay team members that wish to pickup their entire team's packet. Team members wishing to do so must present their own photo ID along with copies or photos of the other members.
No matter what you MUST have a government issued photo ID of some kind and you must pickup your own packet (with the two exceptions listed above).
Check VIP Status by using this link
VIP Status is gained by registering for all three events in the series! Only available to the first 250 that sign up. Last 100 spots remaining!
Parking - Gain access to special parking area.
Transition - Get your bike before all racers have finished
Food - Unique food option
CYPRESS TRIATHLON SWIM WAVES
Waves shown are updated for 2017
- 6:40am - Gold Caps - Wave 1
Invitational + Physically Challenged
- 6:50am - Neon Red Caps - Wave 2
- 6:54am - Neon Green Caps - Wave 3
- 6:58am - Neon Yellow Caps - Wave 4
Males 35-39 + All Relays
- 7:02am -Silver Caps - Wave 5
- 7:06am - Neon Pink Caps - Wave 6
Females 34 and Under
- 7:10am - Neon Yellow Caps - Wave 7
Females 45 and Over
- 7:14am - Neon Orange Caps - Wave 8
Males 24 and Under + Males 60 and Over + Athenas
- 7:18am - Neon Green Caps - Wave 9
Males 45-49 + Males 55-59
- 7:22am - Neon Pink Caps - Wave 10
Males 50-54 + Clydesdales
CYPRESS YOUTH TRIATHLON SWIM START PROCEDURE
All youth competitors will stand next to their assigned spot in transition with their hand touching their race number that is on the transition rack. We will then call each transition row in order to lineup according to their number (lowest to highest) and proceed to walk the line to the pool area. Once in the pool area the short course kids will go first followed by a short break after which the long course kids will begin. The swim is to be completed by swimming one way in the lane, going under the lane rope and swimming back in the lane next to the athlete (progressing left). The short course kids will swim 2 lengths (50-yards), the long course kids will swim 4 lengths (100-yards). Once the children exit the pool they will run to their bikes in grass outside the parking lot and start their bike.
CYPRESS DOGGIE SPLASH'N DASH SWIM WAVES
We will line all dogs up on the dock on the side of Lake Bridgeland at around 6:50am. We will start with the smallest dogs first and work our way to the largest. The swim waves are below. Please know what wave your dog falls into. We will also have doggie lifejackets available on a first come first served basis if you wish to borrow one for the swim. You may also bring your own, but they are not mandatory. Leashes are mandatory to help keep your dog close to you and stop him/her from climbing on other dogs and humans while in the water. There will be an orange buoy all competitors must swim around before heading back to the beach shore. Once each dog/human team exits the water they will put their shoes on and begin the run. Shoes should be put inside the fence at the edge of the beach prior to the event start. We will have a water stop on the course at about the half way point. If you need more water for you or your dog please bring it with you. Results will be available.
NEW THIS YEAR! AWARDS for top place in each category
- 7:00am - 12 pounds. & Under - Toy Dog Wave
- 7:03am - 12-25 pounds - Small Dog Wave
- 7:06am - 26-50 pounds - Medium Dog Wave
- 7:09am - 51-100 pounds - Large Dog Wave
- 7:12am - Over 100 pounds - X-Large Dog Wave
ADULT TRI COURSE MAP
YOUTH TRI COURSE MAP
DOGGIE SPLASH'N DASH COURSE MAP
- 8:00am - Swim Cutoff - 4min/100m Average Pace
- 9:00am - Bike Cutoff - 13mph Average Pace
- 10:00am - Run Cutoff - 20min/mile Average Pace
Cypress Youth Triathlon
There are no course cutoffs for the youth event.
Cypress Doggie Splash'N Dash
There are no course cutoffs for the doggie event.
LOCATIONS & ADDRESSES
Pre Event Packet Pickup for All Events
Tru Tri Sports
16341 Mueschke Rd suite 220
Cypress, TX 77433
Parking for All Events
Cypress Ranch High School
10700 Fry Road
Cypress, TX 77433
Cypress Triathlon & Doggie Splash'N Dash Transition
Empty field as you approach Festival Park from high school parking.
Cypress Youth Triathlon Transition & Pool Swim
Lakeland Activity Center
16902 Bridgeland Landing
Cypress, TX 77433
Post Race Area for All Events
16801 Bridgeland Landing
Cypress, TX 77433
WEARING YOUR NUMBERS (CLICK TO EXPAND & SCROLL)
USAT'S MOST VIOLATED RULES (CLICK TO EXPAND)
IT IS EACH ATHLETE’S RESPONSIBILITY (INCLUDING YOUTH AND RELAY TEAMS) TO KNOW AND ABIDE BY USAT RULES.
- If you have questions before the event please ask via email. As the race is sanctioned by USAT, if you have a race day question you must ask one of the Certified USAT Officials. If you have any doubt please note the officials name to clarify after the event if needed.
- You have 60 minutes after the results have been posted to submit a written proposal to the USAT officials with your request. After that the ruling stands and we hope you can be happy knowing you did your best and had a blast!
- USAT Cell Phone Rules:
On the bike: Cyclists may carry a cell phone only if it is stored in a tool bag, out of sight. It may only be used if cyclist is dismounted. Phones cannot be mounted on handlebars or in view of the rider.
On the run: Must be stored out of sight. Participants who use a phone must step off the course and may not advance while on the phone. The use of the phone while making forward progress shall result in a penalty.
OTHER IMPORTANT EVENT RULES
- Only registered athletes are allowed in transition.
- Once your bike is brought into transition it is not allowed out until transition is reopened after the event.
- You may not move anyone else's bike. Find a volunteer, staff, or official.
- No glass bottles in transition.
- You may only enter and exit through the designated areas. No fence hopping or opening.
- Once transition is closed their will be no re-admittance for any reason until you come in from the swim. Relay team members may enter and leave transition once transition is closed but they are the only exception.
PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT - THOSE THAT DO NOT LEAVE TRANSITION ONCE IT IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. THOSE THAT HAVE FINISHED AND ARE FOUND IN TRANSITION BEFORE IT'S OPEN WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- You must wear your assigned swim cap on the swim.
- You must have your bike frame sticker on during the ride.
- You must have your bike helmet sticker on your helmet during the ride.
- You must have the run bib on during the run.
- If you deviate from the course(s) at any time (making them shorter or longer) you will be disqualified.
- If you choose not to continue or you are disqualified you must alert race staff, officials, and/or timing. Please do not give your timing chip to a volunteer.
- There is no parking to be done within the Bridgeland Community. All parking must be done at Cypress Ranch High School across the street (Fry) from transition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify and ban anyone that is found to be using profanity and showing unsportsmanlike conduct and/or aggression. This is a family friendly atmosphere at all times. In other words, be nice, be civil, be an adult.
RESULTS & AWARDS
No Limits Timing
For issues with your results, contact Mike Hutchinson with No Limits Timing. The timing chips are disposable but the ankle straps are not. We will take them both at the finish line and recycle the chip and save the strap for the next event. If by chance you pickup your packet but do not end up racing you may throw out your chip but please ask that you mail your strap to No Limits Timing - 3050 Knolin Dr, Bossier City, LA 71112.
Cypress Triathlon Awards - Male & Female - 3 Places Deep
- Top 3 Overall
- Masters (40 to 54) - Winner Only
- Grand Masters (55 & Over) - Winner Only
- 70 & Over
- Clydesdales (220lbs & Over) Under 40
- Clydesdales (220lbs & Over) 40 & Over
- Athenas (165lbs & Over) Under 40
- Athenas (165lbs & Over) 40 & Over
- Relays - All Male
- Relays - All Female
- Relays - Mixed
Cypress Youth Triathlon Awards - Boy & Girl - 3 Places Deep
- Short Course Overall Winner Only
- Short Course - 6 & Under, 7-8, 9-10
- Long Course Overall Winner Only
- Long Course - 11-12, 13-14, 15-16
Invitational and Special Age Group Classifications:
The invitational wave is NOT a pro/elite wave. This means that even though we have a separate wave for the invitational, if an age grouper beats an invitational athletes time, they have beat them and will be awarded an overall placement in the top 3. Age groupers that are brought up into the top 3 overall standing of the race are no longer eligible for age group or masters awards. Invitational athletes are also not eligible to go down into age group.